The Manning Administration (2019-2020)
During his time as President Jake Manning and his team:
- Prioritized student mental health by spending the summer working with the counseling services to swap from scheduled appoints to walk-in service. The number of students served increased a significant percent. Now every student gets seen before they leave and there are no dated appointments.
- Worked with the Provost office and Library to get the university to commit to an OER's panel and long term program .
- Led and coordinated the effort to convert the student email from Gmail to Outlook working with ITS and Student Affairs.
- Course curriculums came in many forms, often confusing and outdated causing students issues in picking classes. We worked with Dean's Council and the Provost office to create a standardized flow chart for every major on campus, each approved by their respective undergraduate coordinators.
- Food Truck Thursday - negotiated pre-existing contracts with Aramark to start the Food Truck Thursday tradition .
- Negotiated with Wall Street Journal and the Provost office to secure funding to get access for all MSU students, faculty, and staff.
- Added picnic tables across campus, renovated the pavilion by Moe's/Subway, and got the university to agree to fund bricking the courtyard between McCool and the Union .
- With spaces for meetings and events running out, Jake and his adminstration worked with the Provost to open up Old Main to student events ensuring students had quality places for meeting.
- In 2019 McCool stopped offering 24/7 study availability to students leaving no 24/7 location on campus. We worked with Dr. Keenum to have the lounge of Fresh Foods renovated into a 24/7 study location students can access from their cards.
- Freshman Council brought the Senate a complaint from Freshmen students, that the Health Center visits didn't count as excused, only off campus medical clinics. Jake and his administration worked with the Provost office and the Health Center to allow the Health Center to issue excused absences.
- Worked with ITS to create Cowbell Comments so that the SA could get direct feedback from the student body.