Can I start my own organization?

Yes! Starting a new organization is a quick and easy process. For more information on how to start a new organization, please click here.

^ top

How do I request funding for my student organization?

1. Log into Cowbell Connect.

2. Select the page of the organization in which you would like to request funding. (You must be an administrator for this page or have treasury access).

3. Select "Manage Organization" option to the right and click “Finance”.

4. Use the drop-down menu in the top right corner to select “Create Budget Request”.

5. Complete the form and click “Submit” to finish.

The appropriations committee approves requests every two (2) weeks, and you can expect your appropriations to take up to two weeks for approval.

Remember to include as much information and detail as possible when applying for appropriations, and apply early!

For questions, contact the Student Association Treasurer:

Tyler Dickerson jtd368@msstate.edu

^ top

I have a complaint, what do I do?

Please feel free to contact us at any time! Our office is located on the third floor of the Colvard Student Union in Suite 314. If you are unable to reach us during the weekdays, email us.

^ top

How do I get involved with the Student Association?

It’s easy! All students who are registered for at least one semester credit hour at Mississippi State University are members of the Student Association. Between its three branches, the Student Association offers a wide variety of opportunities to get involved, gain valuable experience, and make a difference on campus!

If you would like to further discuss a problem or understand legislation passed by the Student Association Senate, meetings are on Tuesday evenings at 6 PM.

Various events are held throughout the entire year that are geared toward student involvement and we encourage all students to come and participate.

If you have prudent information in regards to the Executive Staff, please contact the Center for Student Activities or visit their offices located in the Center for Student Activities on the 3rd floor of the Union.

^ top